Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Rescuers

Habagat Rescuers risking their own lives to save others
Photos courtesy of Juice.PH
The last week was hell for a lot of Filipinos.  It seemed like the rain will never stop and more and more places were getting flooded.  For some of us, there was nothing we can do but pray, donate and watch in the news what's happening.  There was a point in time when I wanted to tweet about people who were so stubborn that's why they had to be rescued... but I didn't.  Sometimes you really have to put yourself in their place to understand why they did it.

What really caught my attention are the Rescuers.  They are the heroes for me.  Real heroes.  They have their own families but they risk their lives just to save others.  They thought of other people's safety before theirs.  That was their goal, to save as much people as possible no matter what.  I seriously cried every time there was a newscast about Rescuers saving kids, old people and even pets.  These people are so selfless.  And for what?  I truly believe they did it, they are doing it to serve their country men.  But what do they get in return?  I am sure they would want to have bigger compensation, but they still do it even if they don't.  They still save lives.  I feel for them and for their families.  They should be rewarded.  I am desperately thinking of what we can do for them... I wish I have a lot of money because I will really give them money, no matter how many they are.  I hope our Government sees this and realize that they should be compensated properly.

I salute them and they will always be in my prayers... Brave, Selfless, Heroes!

2 comments:

Koryn said...

Ironic, right? Those whose jobs really matter and save lives are the ones poorly paid.

Koryn said...

Ironic, right? Those whose jobs really matter and save lives are the ones poorly paid.