Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Manila Legacy



I seriously want to like the Bourne Legacy... just because the chase scenes were shot here in the Philippines.  This is not a film review, it's an opinion from a proud Filipino.

When the movie started, I had high hopes.  I loved the Bourne series and this 4th installment was particularly special because Manila was featured in the film.  I was really excited to watch it, plus I like Jeremy Renner, Rachel Weisz and Edward Norton.  And so, when Dr. Marta Shearing (played by Rachel Weisz) mentioned Manila, Philippines, there were murmurs and gasps among the movie goers.  I was tearing up a bit because I will admit it, I am very proud of it.  So when the Manila scenes started my heart was pounding.  The good thing even is, the chase scenes were shot mostly in Manila.  Never mind the crazy electric wires and the not so glamorous houses shown... it actually added character to Manila... it was just amazing to know that we can shoot such scenes here in our country.  Then when the islands of El Nido was shown, I was even more excited.  It was breathtaking as expected.  Then, credits.

What the F$&%!!! was all I can think of.  What the hell happened??? That's it?  The Manila scenes I must say is the movie's climax, then it just ended like that.  Disappointing really.  I wanted more!  It seems like the story line was rushed.  Hay... I know Filipinos all over the world will still watch this film.  And yes I will encourage everyone to watch it.  But it was just missing something and I desperately want it to be my favorite movie... oh well...

No comments: