Monday, August 20, 2012

What about Jesse Robredo?

When the news broke that DILG Secretary Jesse Robredo's plane crashed, I started paying more attention.  Yes because it's big news but also because everyone was all over it.  Makes you wonder why is it that people care this much?  The you read tweets that President Noynoy and a lot of the Cabinet members or Senators are actually on site to monitor the rescue.

Why?  What about him? He is the good guy.  If you read about Sec. Jesse Robredo you will see that he is one of those politicians who is good for our country.  He is one to be a role model.  I am not close to him, heck, I am not family or even his employee, but I am truly affected by this.  It pains me to see that it is taking long to find him.  I am actually hoping he is still alive and yes a castaway.  I'd rather he is stranded in an island than him being trapped in the plane 350 feet below the Masbate waters.  As Gov. Joey Salceda said in a Philippine Star article, "I asked every Albayano to pray for that miracle for Jesse and to storm the gates of Heaven so every angel would descend to protect him."

Let us all pray for him and the 2 Pilots still missing.

No comments: