Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Why do good people die first?

Some people may find my reaction to the passing of Sec. Jesse robredo, O.A. (Over-acting) because I am not in anyway related to him... but I am a Filipino and he is one of my leaders.  A leader who should be THE example for all politicians out there and those aspiring to SERVE our country.  I am sad that this has to happen to a good person, a good leader.  But Jesse Robredo is not the end of the story, they still have to retrieve the bodies of the 2 pilots, which until this afternoon is still at 180 ft. underwater. 

Capt. Jessup Bahinting, one of the pilots, is himself a local hero, always lending a hand when needed without asking for anything in return.  I feel so sad as well that his company is getting scrutinized now for not inspecting the plane, thus the accident happened.  But the employees are saying the Captain inspected the plane himself.  It is an accident and I am sure he did not want it to happen to them.

I can't stop feeling sad about this tragedy, I wish they were able to survive.  I feel for their family and I am sure I will never understand what they are going through.  They will be in my prayers.  Their death has affected a lot of people and I think that answers my question, why do good people die first.  They die first because they have done what they have to do and their death is a reminder to each of us that we should do our part to make our country a better place to live in, that we can all do it!  Not the best answer, but it's something I want to hold on to and remember as I live my life in this country that I love.

I wish I can be more like them, selfless, true public servants.  I have always felt affected, sad and often end up crying when I hear/watch news about tragedies and disasters in our country.  But I do not go the extra mile.  Yes I donate, but is it enough?  I feel I should do more... I do not want to be a hero of some sort.  I just want to be able to make a difference.  I want to do something that matters.  I want to be like Jesse Robredo and Jessup Bahinting.  May they rest in peace.

No comments: