Monday, July 23, 2012

I don’t have a title because I am feeling whatever!!!

I want to write about what I’ve been feeling today, but I can’t really put a label on what it is.  For one I am irritated…the kind that turns into bitchiness.  I am sort of frustrated as well, because I can’t seem to get the results that I want from certain people – the way I want it. 

Anyway here goes… I am what you call an individual contributor.  If my Boss needs me to do something I deliver, and can proudly say, I do it well.  I’ve always seen myself as someone who can work with less supervision and I don’t wait for my Boss to tell me what to do or give me detailed instructions all the time.  I know when to ask for it and how to ask for it.  And so, things for me have changed.  I sort of have people reporting to me because of the role I have in this project.  In a way I manage them – what they do and their deliverables.  I also mentor them, on how to do things, how to deal with people the way our Boss expects us to.  I am not used to it and I even kinda refused to do it, but as my Boss said, I have to, because that is what I should be doing.  If I look at it on the other side, I am lucky… very lucky to be trained by my Boss this way.  I’ve been getting a lot of good feedback from within the team and from the Business Unit we are supporting.  So what’s the problem right?  I like to do things a certain way and I expect those around me to do it the way I expect it to be done.  I don’t really scream at them if I am not happy with the output, no, no, no… I just sometimes show an ounce of bitchiness to them.  I don’t embarrass them or anything like that, but I don’t let things pass and I make it a point they know.  And I think this is why I am feeling this way today…

I hate it when I already teach something and people forget… I hate it that people don’t have the sense of urgency… I hate it when people don’t answer e-mails promptly… I hate it when people don’t know how to relate to their audience during a presentation even if I already taught them how to… I hate it when activities are not done in an orderly fashion… I hate it when we, as a team, are cramming… I hate it when someone complains about small stuff, I wanna scream at them and say “hey don’t sweat the small stuff!”… I hate it when people only care about themselves and not think about what happens to others… I hate feeling this way, as if I don’t commit mistakes!!!

AAAARGH! What the @#$%&*!!!

2 comments:

Koryn said...

I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL.

Well, there's a reason why you're the one in that position, not them.

Misis V said...

Hay hay hay... it's just hard to manage.