Sunday, May 06, 2012

Folding the Feeling

Every Friday, we bring our dirty clothes to my parent's house in Laguna. Since we live in a condo, it makes sense to have our clothes washed somewhere else. On the same weekend, somebody irons our clothes.  So Sunday night we pack our cleaned, ironed clothes.  Well, it's actually me... i fold all the clean clothes that we take back to our own home.
And so it's one of ` em Sundays, and i just finished folding and packing... i get tired of it, believe me, but there's something there that calms me. I don't know, maybe the act of folding a clean, good smelling piece of clothing represents something.  Maybe it's like packing all my troubles because it's the start of a new week. Or maybe the clean clothes represent my sanity and putting it in a bag means preserving it. Or it can just be simply a distraction. I don't know. I am not being melodramatic here, but doing it makes my Sundays complete.
It's therapy.