Monday, June 11, 2012

Love Thy Neighbor

In the Book of Leviticus 19:18 it says "Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD." But how can i love a pompous-ass neighbor like my brother's?

Yesterday our helper's daughter told my brother that the "Barangay" went to their house because something happened with their neighbor. My sister and i decided to come along worrying that this neighbor might take advantage of our brother. As soon as we get there, i saw this bald man and fat woman outside the corner house. Then after we parked i finally saw what the problem is. This stupid neighbor of theirs blocked the gutter so that the water coming from Carlo's house will not flow to their side. I was so pissed because it was stagnant and can cause dengue.  Zoe is just 6 months and if something happens to her because of that, i will sue! So i muttered these words and my brother and sister started taking pictures. Then the husband and wife approached us with very high voices. Then an arguement broke.

I have high respect for older people. Believe me. My parents brought me up that way. But if the supposedly old people who are role models act like assholes and bitches, then that's a different story. I could've approached this differently, talked to them with reason, but they've been very difficult from the start. They even told us "we want to antagonize them so they will do something about it." And this is coming from a Pastor! Shameful! Yes, i could've been more patient, i could've been more reasonable, but no. I choose not to be bullied by these hypocrites. We have rights as much as they do.

In the end my level-headed brother settled it. I am okay with what has happened. It is my brother who will be dealing with this neighbor anyway. I want to put this to rest. But never ever bully any of us again. I will fight back. God forgive me as i may break His commandment.